Employment opportunities at the Café:
Our gourmet creperie and espresso bar in Hampden is looking for experienced staff to join our team!
Openings include weekday, evening, and weekend shifts. If you love good coffee and amazing crepes, we want to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org your cover letter, resume, and availability.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.
Applicants who hold a ServSafe Certification are specifically encouraged to apply.
Ideal Candidate will:
- Be a multi-tasker, as each employee is expected to learn and fulfill a variety of roles: barista, crepe maker, dishwasher, prep cook. Every day is varied, depending on business needs.
- Understand the use and daily maintenance of a manual espresso grinder and manual espresso machine.
- Prepare crepes to order, following the cafe's guidelines for handling and presentation.
- Have kitchen prep skills, including chopping vegetables, making sauces, and following instruction on cafe-specific recipes.
- Clean barista and crepe-making stations, kitchen, and seating areas.
- Know commercial dishwashing procedures, and follow them.
- Be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Use good judgment and common sense, with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Thrive in a busy environment.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with both customers and co-workers.